June 04, 2012

Get angry....grrrrr

I've always been taught that anger is a bad thing.  And with all the anger management classes & counselors everyone assumes it is but the Bible says there is such a thing as good anger (Psalm 4:4).  Good anger being the type of anger that provokes someone to make a change in their lives to better themselves or make a decision that will effect many lives for the better.  


I wondered what would happen if people got 'good angry' and made a conscious decision to change their financial situation.  At Elevate Church, we are in a conference called 'God Wants You Rich'. 


I know there are all sorts of thoughts, feelings & theories that oppose the statement that God wants you to be rich but my premise is if God didn't want you to be rich or live a life of abundance why did Jesus mention it in John 10:10?

The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it [life] more abundantly. John 10:10


We know that Jesus came so that we could be reconciled to God and be restored to our rightful place of dominion.  Genesis tells us that we are made in the image & likeness of God.  Therefore if His name is El Shaddai, which means God of more than enough, and if I am made in His image & likeness then that must include living a life of more than enough & having access to more than enough.  


I choose to take God on His word and His name, which tells me that He is more than enough, not just in one aspect of my life but EVERY aspect of my life (mental, emotional, financial, physical, psychological and spiritual)!  I am angry enough to acquire the knowledge, understanding and wisdom needed to live the life Jesus said I could how about you?  Get angry...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails